The purpose is to train search dog teams and field support personnel for the purpose of assisting Vermont public safety agencies in search and rescue of lost and missing people, and to educate the public and youth groups in search and woods safety.
To provide air scent and specialty search dog teams trained for effective and efficient canine search support of Vermont public safety agencies for search operations in the following areas:
- Missing persons search – both wilderness and urban settings
- To assist with the location of drowned victims
- To locate deceased victims
- To locate victims in case of a fire or natural disaster
- Develop and maintain a certified team of canine handlers trained in multiple search disciplines
- Develop and maintain certified Field Personnel to assist with search events
- Develop and present training programs for search personnel
- Present educational programs to youth groups and the public about search training and safety in the woods.
VSARK-9 is a 501-C3 non-profit organization.
All contributions are tax deductible.We offer our services at no charge and are supported solely by public support. Our membership is made up entirely of volunteers.
VSARK9 dogs are trained to locate people. We do not search for lost pets. Please refer to the following link for assistance in locating missing pets.